At the moment, you will agree and support the fact that there are several means of self-expression. For examples, someone may choose to wear an eccentric outfit while another may settle for a less usual haircut. There are also those who prefer to express their personality by means of lip piercing. The main reason for this is the fact that; the lips are by far the most expressive area of the human face. Another thing is, lip piercing is considered to be the easiest and safest kind of piercing taking into consideration the fact that there are no major blood vessels located in the human lips.
It is important to understand the fact that even though it is commonly termed as lip piercing, it is never necessarily located on the lip itself, more specifically, it can be found anywhere around the around the mouth region. As a matter of fact, according to the specific position the most common lip piercing types include;
- The Monroe – it is located on the upper lip right where Marilyn Monroe had her beauty spot.
- The Madonna – this piercing is done right on the opposed side of Monroe’s piercing. It is named after madonna’s birthmark.
- Angle bites –this piercing represents two piercings situated on opposite sides of the upper lip
- Snakebites – they are similar to angelbites but are located on both sides of the lower lip
- Medusa – it is considered to be the real top labret piercing. This is mainly because it crosses the middle of the upper lip.
- Dahlia – it is another type of lip piercing which is focused on the upper lip right near the crease of the mouth.
- Philtrum, it closely resembles the medusa with the only difference being the fact that it is located on the lower lip.
- The cleft – it is found on the portion between the edges of the top lip.
Considering all of these lip piercing options, the next question is, how exactly do you get to choose/ well, just so you know, one of the main things which you should focus on is to try and figure out the sensation of having these lip rings right inside your mouth. Take note, once you have a clear idea of what exactly it would feel like having the lip piercing. Doing so is very important because once you understand just how exactly your ear piercing would feel like, once you have it, it would not largely influence the manner in which you eat drink or talk.
In addition to all of the above about lip piercing types, it is very important to note the fact that the lower lip is way much more preferred for piercing for the simple fact that it dies not directly communicate with gums. This being the case, you are guaranteed that the area will be out of danger. However, in spite of all of the above, it is important to note that in the event you choose to dedicate both the lips for piercing, you should use labret studs mostly since it would save you a lot of aftercare requirements considering these studs are made using the appropriate materials.